How do I transition to raw dog food?
FROM A RAW FOOD DIET
Make a transition to RAWF by mixing it with your current raw pet food for the first 7 to 10 days. Gradually increase the amount of RAWF each day while decreasing the amount of other food accordingly until completely switched over to RAWF Pet Food.
FROM A DRY OR WET FOOD DIET
Make a transition to RAWF by mixing it with your current pet food for the first 15 to 21 days. Gradually increase the amount of RAWF each day while decreasing the amount of other food accordingly until completely switched over to RAWF Pet Food.
Changes Your Dog May Experience While Transitioning:
- During the transition to RAWF, you may notice changes in your pet’s poop.
- They may experience some diarrhea or (rarely) vomiting, due to a detoxification effect, especially if they have been eating processed kibble or canned food for some time.
- Other detoxification reactions include: Dry skin, runny eyes, and increased shedding. These are normal reactions as your pet’s health improves and the body removes toxins.
- Be sure to provide plenty of fresh water to help flush out toxins during the transition.
Tips for Successful Transitioning:
- Go slowly and be patient as your pet transitions to raw food.
- Younger pets or those on a healthy diet will transition more easily than older pets who may need a longer, slower transition schedule.
- Limit treats during the transition period to encourage high nutrient feeding.
- Offer clean water throughout the transition process.
- If you have a picky eater, you may try fasting your dog the night before the transition begins to encourage feeding.