Our Beef Makes The Difference
RAWF contains our own 100% grass fed and finished ground beef, beef livers, and beef hearts from Acabonac Farms. We raise our cattle free of growth promoting hormones and sub therapeutic antibiotics. Our cattle are never confined and they are provided access to fresh lush pasture every day.
Our regenerative grazing management allows us to avoid the use of pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides on our pastures.
Our beef is rich in iron which is necessary for red blood cell function. Our grass fed beef is higher in Omega 3’s, CLA, Beta Carotene, and Vitamins E and B and is lower in fat and calories.
Our beef is also very high in Lysine, Leucine and Arginine, 3 essential amino acids important for the maintenance of muscles, organs and metabolism and is also a source of energy, given its moderate fat content.
When developing our recipe we worked with a leading pet nutritionist to create a raw dog food that was 100% balanced and complete. Designed to be in accordance with AAFCO standards.
Crude Protein min.
Crude Fat min.
Crude Fiber max.
OUR RANCH SOURCED 100% GRASS FED AND PASTURE FINISHED BEEF
Our cattle are 100% grass fed and grass finished on our local pastures located on Eastern Long Island from Shelter Island to Middle Island. We do not use harmful chemicals on our pastures. Our grazing practices and our focus on soil health drives a healthier environment for both humans, our cattle, and, of course, the quality of the beef we use for RAWF Pet Food. Our grass fed beef is higher in Omega 3’s, CLA, Beta Carotene, and Vitamins E and B and is lower in fat and calories. It is very high in Lysine, Leucine and Arginine, 3 essential amino acids important for the maintenance of muscles, organs and metabolism and is also a source of energy, given its moderate fat content.
OUR AMERICAN SOURCED FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
Our produce is all sourced from United States based growers and packers.
The fruits and vegetables are stored, handled, processed and transported under the Current Good Manufacturing Practices specified in the Code of Federal Regulations for Food and Drugs. Our growers and packers also follow stringent Food Safety and Quality initiatives, including (HAACP) Regulations, a management system in which food safety is addressed in all areas, including procurement, handling and distribution.
Highly digestible carbohydrate and energy source rich in vitamin A and beta-carotene. It has a low Glycemic Index rating as raw, which may help promote a healthy weight and keep lower blood sugar level.
Excellent source of calcium, vitamins A, C and B-complex. Its high fiber content helps with proper intestinal transit. Contains antioxidants and beta-carotene that neutralize certain toxins in the body.
Rich in vitamins A, B, C, and K necessary for strengthening bones. Also a good source of dietary fiber.
Sunflower seeds kernels (dehulled)
Sunflower seeds represent a wealth of nutrients including proteins (with good levels of methionine and tryptophan), calcium, magnesium, folic acid, fat soluble vitamins A, D and E, minerals such as iodine, iron and magnesium. It also has a lot of fiber that helps maintain optimal intestinal functions. Hulled seeds also have a high level of polyunsaturated fatty acids, almost entirely in the form of linoleic acid, an essential omega-6 fatty acid.
The zucchini is made up of 95% water, so its calorie intake is very low. It is an excellent source of minerals (calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium), vitamins (C and B complex) and fiber.
Low calorie and low-fat vegetable offering excellent source of soluble fiber which may help maintain firm stools. They also provide excellent concentration of Beta-Carotene, a carotenoid that is an antioxidant and a precursor to Vitamin A.
A good source of energy as carbohydrates and a moderate source of fiber.
High antioxidants concentration that help maintain a strong immune system and overall health.
Another high antioxidant fruits helps maintain overall health and a strong immune system. They also contain organic acids that act to acidify urine and destroy pathogenic bacteria in the bladder and urethra; limiting infections in those areas.
Its unique combination of potent prebiotic fibers, antioxidants, and protective compounds work inside the animal’s body to help improve digestion and cell function, support the immune system, and help pets become more resistant to stress.
VITAMINS & MINERALS
The vitamins and trace minerals included in RAWF Pet Food have been specifically formulated, by a leading animal nutritionist, to reflect the real needs of our pets and to make RAWF Raw Beef Patties a balanced and complete meal.
We have added specific nutrients to help maintain a healthy digestive and intestinal environment, maximize food digestibility and efficiency, promote beneficial bacteria development and reduce pathogens present in the digestive tract.
- Fish oil - Essential source of Omega-3 fatty acids
Salt - Contains valuable minerals and helps balance electrolytes
- Yeast extract (Mannan oligosaccharides - MOS) Helps prevent colonization of the intestine by pathogens, in particular Salmonella and E. coli.
- Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) - A prebiotic that aids digestion by allowing beneficial bacteria and probiotics to lower intestinal pH. This inhibits both pathogens, and purifies bacteria and thus reduces stool odor. The prebiotic/probiotic combination is also believed to boost the immune system.
- Organic acids (Fumaric acid, lactic acid, citric acid, malic acid) - This mixture acidifies the intestinal environment, favoring the growth of beneficial bacteria over that of pathogens. The acids may also penetrate harmful bacteria such as salmonella and coliforms.
- Thyme extract - Has antimicrobial activity (against Enterobacteriaceae and others). It helps lower intestinal pH inhibiting the growth of pathogens. It also helps maintain stool firmness.
- Calcium (Calcium carbonate and mono-calcium phosphate) - Note: We do not put crushed bone in our dog food formula. We tried to find a manufacturer to grind our own cattle bones, which are very hard and dense, and we couldn’t find anyone who could do it for the small batch amounts we need. We did not want to use foreign bones and taint the integrity of our beef patties, so we chose to use non-animal calcium sources to get the necessary calcium needed to make our patties a complete and balanced meal.
- Iodine (Ethylene diamine dihydriodide) - Supports metabolism and builds thyroid hormones.
- Iron (Iron Proteinate, Ferrous sulfate) - A critical mineral for red blood cells and a contributor to the function of some enzymes.
- Copper (Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate) - An important co-factor in many enzymatic reactions, assists in red blood cell formation and the normal growth of tissues.
- Manganese (Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide)- Plays a role in antioxidant function, bone development, wound healing.
- Selenium (Sodium Selenite) - Assists in the body's antioxidant defenses.
- Zinc (Zinc proteinate, zinc oxide) – Important for immune system function and thyroid function.
Vitamin A (Vitamin A Acetate) - Important for normal vision, the immune system, and reproduction. Vitamin A also helps the heart, lungs, kidneys, and other organs work properly.
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Mononitrate) - Helps the body's cells change carbohydrates into energy, muscle contraction and conduction of nerve signals.
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin Supplement) - Critical to energy utilization within cells.
Vitamin B3 (Niacin Supplement) - An important nutrient. May help lower cholesterol, ease arthritis and boost brain function.
Vitamin B5 (D-Calcium Pantothenate) - One of the most important vitamins for human life. It's necessary for making blood cells, and it helps you convert the food into energy.
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) - It's significant to protein, fat and carbohydrate metabolism and the creation of red blood cells and neurotransmitters.
Vitamin B12 (Supplement) - Helps keep the body's nerve and blood cells healthy and helps make DNA.
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) – A source of is necessary for many body functions, including absorption of iron and maintaining a healthy immune system.
Vitamin D3 (Supplement) - Necessary for normal bone maturation and maintenance of blood calcium levels.
Vitamin E (Supplement) - Primary antioxidant in the membranes of all cells.
Vitamin H (Biotin) - Contributes to healthy skin and coat, but it's also essential for digestion, growth, and muscle formation. Can be used to treat allergic reactions.
Folic Acid - Necessary for amino acid metabolism and for helping to ensure the integrity of cell membranes.
Choline Chloride - Helps with liver health and brain function. Helps to transport fat, contribute to important reactions in the body, and also is a component of neurotransmitters.